Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Fun!

Being able to watch everything that goes on below my apartment is sometimes quite entertaining when I have nothing better to do, like tonight since my flight was cancelled because of the dense fog that has settled right on top of Pullman. From my vantage point on the side of the 'hill,' I get to see the cops waiting for speeders and then watch as they catch 'the big one.' This evening, I saw the same officer pull over two different trucks.


Thank you sir, for doing what you have to to keep our roads safe. I see way too many accidents, like this one just before the second truck got pulled over this evening.



I didn't see it happen, but it wasn't good. The orange car in the middle of the picture was completely crushed on the other side and I never saw the driver exit the vehicle. I believe s/he left in the ambulance. The other car in this collision is in the ditch behind the police car on the far right. Neither vehicle was able to drive away afterwards. Unfortunately, I see this all the time because there are four major businesses who have their entrances all in the same 50 feet of road off of Stadium Way, the main WSU access road. People coming onto Stadium Way from Main Ave blast up the hill, not giving turning drivers the time they need to safely move out of the way. I would like to give a shout out to the ONLY vehicle who stopped after the accident, in the small SUV next to the orange Neon. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

And here are just a few pretty pictures from this morning after most of the freezing fog had lifted. If I hadn't needed to get going to work I would have gotten some AWESOME close ups of the ice structures, but that's the way things go! Enjoy!


3 comments:

LatigoLiz said...

If it's any consolation, we had freezing fog here this morning too. A nice 1/8th lay of ice was making the hot wire sag. Thankfully Mercy wasn't here to test it for us! :)

I'll be posting more on Buena in my blog as soon as I get the write up from Dr. Bob & Julie.

Stay warm!

restoration42 said...

Love the name of your blog! Will be fun to follow your adventures.
-Cherie

Cowgirl Sprat said...

Liz- Can't wait to see what , you, Dr. Bob, and Julie figured out. I am extra curious still!!!!

One Red Horse- Thanks so much! I had some good fun thinking up names for this blog playing off of her name. This one just stuck! :)