Sunday, November 1, 2009

When H1N1 Interferes...

It has been over a week since I have ridden thanks to what I presume was swine flu. I never went in to get tested, but I can't think of anything else it could have been. I started feeling 'weird' on Monday and on Tuesday I started getting a sore throat. By Wednesday I was on the couch. There I stayed, drugged up on cough medicine and painkillers until yesterday. I will spare you the major details, but it was not fun. Obviously.

I was able to get out of the house yesterday. I was feeling good enough to get dressed and go to the feed store with my mom to pick up some stall pellets. I made sure I stayed away from people and cough in my tissues. I also didn't touch anything around me.

I am still not feeling great, but I can move around now without body aches and sneezing boogers on everything. And the biggest thing for me, I can sleep! Those first two nights I didn't sleep. And I am not one who naps easily. Thermaflu finally helped that.

Now that I am feeling kinda human again, we are going to try going for a ride today. I'm trying to wait and see how the Seahawks game will go, but it's sunny outside and I don't want to wait too long. I will say that I am interested to see how Mercy rides today. We recently bought some nice alfalfa to see if the girls just need a little more protein. I haven't ridden since starting their 2-3lbs a day alfalfa treat. I'll let you know how I survive!

No comments: